Friday, October 22, 2010

The Moment I Knew I was an American

First of all we need to know the meaning of an American. To me an American is somebody that has American thoughts and beliefs and acts like an American. I wasn't born in America but in China, but I moved here when I was three so I think I am more American than Chinese because I was affect by my surroundings making me an American. My parents were the typical Chinese parents trying to make me into a more Chinese person. The moment I became an American I think was when I started going to school. I think that because I started getting affected because my surroundings all had American ways. Even though at home my parents would be teaching me Chinese ways I would get taught American way at school and ever time I went out I would be affected by all the American thoughts and beliefs so in the end I still had became an American. I think that even if I had tried to not become an American I still would have because I believe a person is affected by their surroundings and everything that I have seen has contributed to making me into the person I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment