Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Direction the Class Needs

The first quarter has ended and there has been negative and positive this about this class. The positive things about this class is that it was really fun. I liked how Mr. McCarthy is a really fun teacher. I liked the days when we had a vocabulary review and we spent the whole day review the vocabulary we learned. I also really like the silent reading days when we just read our book for the whole period. I also like the blogs and where we could write what we felt about the topic that week. Some negatives are that sometimes the blogs were a little hard to write and sometimes I forgot about them because I wasn't reminded that there was a blog that week. I think a good idea would to put the homework on Edline and maybe tell us what to write on the blogs. We should not be made to take notes on everything. Like our books, when reading I didn't really like it when I had to take notes because that got me distracted and I couldn't really get into the story. Also like the House of the Seven Gables, it was already hard enough trying to understand what they were talking about and actually get into the story without having to take notes about what I was reading.

2 comments:

  1. How is blogs difficult to write? You just express your thoughts and opinion. There isn't really a format, and the minimum is 200 words.
    Also, all the blog topics are all on the last sheet of the syllabus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogs in my opinion are very easy to write about. They are just like our journals everyday we can go any direction we want. We have total creative and constructive rights with them. They can be as short or as long as you want, even though the limit is 400 words I ignore that with my blog.

    ReplyDelete