Thursday, September 16, 2010

Arrivals... There goes the Neighborhood

I had lived in San Francisco before I came to Chicago. When I was 7 I moved here. I left after 2nd grade and when I got here I started in 3rd grade but I was a year younger than everybody. No, I didn't skip a grade. The school system in San Francisco lets you into school until December but here it is not and since I was born in November In San Francisco I could go to school but here they don't let me. When I got here they at first wouldn't let me go to third grade because I was a year younger than everyone. But since I already been through second grade then I would be repeating a grade so in the end they let me into third grade. But when I started I was the smallest kid in age and size. When I told everyone how old I was they all thought that I had skipped a grade because they didn't know the school systems in San Francisco was different. SO I had to keep explaining over and over to them and it took a long time because they still didn't understand but in the end they did.